完形填空題是通過閱讀考查學生語言知識及語言知識 綜合運用能力的一種測試形式。命題人在一段難度適度的文章中留出10個空白，要求考生從所給的A, B, C, D四個選項中選出一個最佳答案，使補足的短文意思通順、結構完整。
A hot dog is one of the most popular American foods. It was named after frankfurter, a German food.
You may hear “hot dog” 1
in other ways. People sometimes say “hot dog” to express 2 .
For example, a friend may ask 3
you would like to go to the cinema. You might say “Great! I would love to go.” Or, you could say, “ 4
! I would love to go.”
use the expression to describe (描寫)someone who is a “show- off”, who tries to show everyone else how 6
he is. You often hear such 7
called a “hot dog”. He may be a baseball player, for example, who 8
the ball with one hand, making a (n) 9
catch seem more difficult. You know he is a hot dog because when he makes such a catch, he bows (鞠躬) to the crowd, hoping to win their 10 .
1. A. eaten B. used C. cooked D. picked
2. A. strength B. practice C. pleasure D. reply
3. A. if B. how C. when D. where
4. A. Hot dog B. Don’t worry C. Never mind D. Excuse me
5. A. ever B. also C. still D. yet
6. A. hopeful B. careful C. kind D. great
7. A. a dog B. a land C. a person D. an action
8. A. catches B. plays C. passes D. throws
9. A. hard B. funny C. exciting D. easy
10. A. thanks B. cheers C. medals D. matches
Once upon a time, some children were playing at seaside when they found a turtle(海龜). They began to beat the turtle. Just at that time, a young man came and said to them, “Stop!” The children ran 31
quickly. The turtle was very thankful and said, “Thanks for your kindness. I really would like 32
you to a wonderful palace now.”
The young man rode on the back of the turtle and was taken to the secret palace in the sea. When he 33
the palace, he was very surprised and said to the turtle, “What a nice palace!” To thank him, the king of the turtles gave him 34
. He had never seen such a dinner before. He received a warm welcome there and was very 35
After dinner, the king of the turtles said, “I am going to give you two boxes, 36
you can open only one.” “You mustn’t open both. Don’t forget it!” the turtle warned him. “All right. I will open only one,” the young man promised(許諾). At this time, a large wave sent him out of the sea.
After he 37
, he opened the bigger one of the two boxes.38
the box was full of gold. “My God!” he cried. “I’m 39
now.” Then he thought, “Things in the other box must be expensive, too.” He could not wait any longer. He broke his promise and opened the other box. As soon as he opened it, he became an old man. His hair turned white. His face 40
an old man over eighty years old. It all happened in a moment. He was sorry for what he did, but it was too late.
31. A. through B. away C. into D. out
32. A. wanting B. asking C. to let D. to invite
33. A. left for B. arrived on C. arrived at D. got away
34. A. a very big dinner B. a very poor dinner
C. a very bad dinner D. a very small dinner
35. A. pleased with B. strict in C. angry with D. sorry for
36. A. so B. or C. but D. as
37. A. went back to home B. was back home
C. went back to the sea D.was back the sea
38. A. To his surprising B. To one’s surprising
C. To one’s surprise D. To his surprise
39. A. a poor man B. a rich man
C. an old man D. a young man
40. A. liked B. felt like C. looked like D. looked
31. B 根據上下文判斷，那些孩子們應該是跑走了。所以應選away。
32. D would like 之后應接不定式，年輕人就了海龜的命，海龜應是“邀請年輕人到宮殿去。”
33. C 到達某個地方應用arrived at。
34. A 按照邏輯，海龜國王要感謝他，必然設盛宴招待他。所以應選a big dinner。
35. A 海龜國王盛情招待他，所以他對一切都滿意。pleased with everything表示的就是這個意思。
36. C 海龜國王給了他兩個盒子，但只準他打開一個。這里有一個轉折關系，所以應選but。
37. B 年輕人在海里見到了海龜國王，得到了兩個盒子以后，應該回家，而不是回到海里。而回家應是went back home。
38. D 使他感到驚訝的是，用英語表示就是To his surprise。
39. B 他得到了金子，當然應該是a rich man。
A very new, yung officer was at a railway station. He was on his way to visit his mother in 1
town. He wanted to telephone her to tell her the time of his train, 2
she could meet him at the 3
in her car. He looked at all his pockets, but 4
that he did not have the right money for the telephone, so he went on and looked 5
for someone to help him. At last an old soldier came by, and the young officer stopped him and said, “Can you change the money 6
“Wait a moment,” the soldier 7
, and he began to put his hand in his 8
“I’ll see whether I can help you.”
“Don’t you know how to speak to an officer?” the young officer said angrily “Now let’s 9
again, Can you change the money for me?”
“No, sir,” the old soldier answered 10
One of Charlie Chaplin’s most famous films was “The Gold Rush” The film was set in California in the middle of the 1
century. At that time, gold was discovered in California and thousands of people 2
there to look for gold, so it became 3
as “the gold rush” People said gold could 4
be picked up by washing sand from the river in a pan of water. This was known as “panning for gold”
In the film, Chaplin and his friend are in California. So far, they have been 5
in their search for gold and have no money at all. They 6
in a snow storm in a small wooden house. They have 7
They are so hungry that they 8
a pair of shoes, by boiling them in a pan of water. Chaplin sits down 9
the table and eats the shoe. He makes it seem as if this is one of the 10
meals that he has ever enjoyed.
7.A．a little food
D．nothing to eat
Once there was a boy in Toronto. His name was Jimmy. He started drawing when he was three years old, and when he was five he was already very ___1___ at it. He drew many beautiful interesting pictures, and many people ___2___ his pictures. They thought this boy was going to be ___3___ when he was a little older, and then they were going to ___4___ these pictures for a lot of money.
Jimmy's pictures were quite different from other ___5___ because he never drew on all of the paper. He drew on ___6___ of it, and the other half was always __7___.
"That's very clever," everybody said. "___8___ other people have ever done that before."
One day somebody asked him, "Please tell me, Jimmy. Why do you draw on the bottom (底部) half of your pictures, ___9___ not on the top half?"
"Because I'm small," Jimmy said, "and my brushes (毛筆) can't ___10___ very high."
1. A.poor B.sad C.glad D.good
2. A.bought B.brought C.sold D.took
3. A.different B.clever C.famous D.rich
4. A.buy B.show C.leave D.sell
5. A.men's B.people's C.boy's D.child's
6. A.half B.part C.side D.end
7. A.full B.empty C.wrong D.ready
8. A.No B.Some C.Any D.Many
9. A.then B.and C.but D.or
10. A.change B.turn C.pull D.reach
"Jane, please let me borrow a dollar," Jenny asked as they stood in the school lunch. "I have one in my jacket, but I don't want to ___1___ and lose my place."
"OK," agreed Jane.
Jane waited all day for Jenny to ___2___ back the dollar she borrowed, but Jenny seemed to be ___3___. "She's just forgotten," thought Jane. "I don't want to ___4___ her angry." Still, her money didn't go far. Some classmates, like Jenny, were getting five dollars a week.
Weeks went by. At last Jane got up enough courage to tell her about the ___5___."Oh, Jane, I forgot!" Jenny said, "I'll ___6___ the dollar tomorrow."
The next day Jenny seemed to have forgotten again. During the noon hour Jane saw her ___7___ sweets for Mary and Ann. Jenny saw Jane looking at her. ___8___ she said something in a low voice to the other two girls. Jane felt ___9___ and asked her teacher if she could go back to the classroom. In the classroom, Jane saw two new pencils in Jenny's desk. An ___10___ came to her.
"Jenny's not kind lately, and anyway, she really owes me. A dollar doesn't mean anything to her, but it means a lot to me."
1. A.stay B.wait C.leave D.take
2. A.return B.lend C.show D.pay
3. A.busy B.happy C.free D.sad
4. A.let B.make C.keep D.find
5. A.money B.lunch C.place D.classmate
6. A.remember B.bring C.give D.pass
7. A.borrowing B.making C.selling D.buying
8. A.Even B.Again C.Then D.Instead
9. A.alone B.sad C.hungry D.lucky
10. A.end B.answer C.idea D.excuse
Monday is the beginning of the week; it is the day most Americans like worst. The day they ___1___ most is Saturday. Saturday is the ___2___ of the workweek; it is the beginning of the weekend.
Life is ___3___ on the weekend; most Americans ___4___ care of their houses, cars and gardens. They sleep ___5___ in the morning. They enjoy the feeling that the time ___6___ to move more slowly.
The workweek is for things you ___7___ to do; the weekend is for things you ___8___ to do. Some people may get in a car for a ___9___ in the country. They like to take part in a sports activity out of doors. And on Saturday night they might go to public eating ___10___ or a film.
1. A.like B.dislike C.spend D.leave
2. A.middle B.beginning C.end D.day
3. A.worse B.difficult C.better D.different
4. A.make B.take C.look D.pick
5. A.earlier B.later C.faster D.shorter
6. A.decides B.wants C.spends D.seems
7. A.enjoy B.hate C.have D.find
8. A.like B.start C.get D.check
9. A.drive B.walk C.fishing D.washing
10.A.place B.house C.room D.apartment
In the old days, in London, the smog was very thick. Car and bus drivers ___1___ to drive very slowly. They ___2___ saw the road in front of them even during the daytime. People did not like going out in the smog. ___3___ they had to go out, they wore "smogmask" over their faces.
In December 1952, a very ___4___ dark cloud came down over London. It was the ___5___ smog Londoners had ever had. ___6___ of it was bad factory smoke. Nearly fifty people died in road accidents. But many more people became unhealthy. The smog was very ___7___ for old people and children. One man said, "The streets were almost ___8___ because people stayed at home as much as possible. The air was very thick, and you could almost cut it with a knife."
After three weeks, the smog began to ___9___. But in the following weeks and months over 4000 people died as a ___10___ of the smog.
1. A.hurried B.stayed C.had D.stopped
2. A.easily B.hardly C.already D.freely
3. A.If B.So C.Though D.Because
4. A.clear B.thick C.thin D.small
5. A.hottest B.nicest C.worst D.best
6. A.Much B.Many C.A few D.A little
7. A.favourite B.strong C.dangerous D.weak
8. A.empty B.full C.dirty D.clean
9. A.remember B.forget C.arrive D.lift
10. A.part B.usual C.end D.result
Mother's day is a holiday for mothers. It is celebrated in the United States, England, Sweden, India, Mexico and any other ___1___. Little by little, it ___2___ widely celebrated.
Mother's day falls on the second Sunday in May. ___3___, many people send ___4___ of love to their mothers. Those whose mothers are still living ___5___ a pink or red rose, while those whose mothers are ___6___ wear a white one.
The ___7___ of a day for mothers was first given by Miss Ana Jarvis of Philadelphia. As a result of her hard work, the celebration for the first American Mother's Day ___8___ in Philadelphia on May 10, 1908. Soon the ___9___ became popular all over the ___10___ and around the world.
1. A.homes B.schools C.countries D.cities
2. A.gives B.becomes C.stays D.begins
3. A.For a long time B.In the morning C.At a time D.On that day
4. A.presents B.things C.hello D.calls
5. A.put B.take C.wear D.dress
6. A.ill B.healthy C.dead D.busy
7. A.idea B.plan C.need D.meeting
8. A.held B.was holding C.was held D.is he.ld
9. 64.day B.holiday C.month D.time
10. A.country B.America C.place D.England
The ideal (理想的) teacher may be young or old, tall or short, fat or thin. He should ___1___ his subject very well and like learning something about other subjects. The ideal teacher must be full of strong feelings of wonder or interest. He must ___2___ teach anything he himself is not ___3___ in. He should be like a man who can act and should not be afraid to ___4___ his feelings and tell other people what he likes and what he doesn't like clearly. He must like his students and respect them, and he must also respect himself and be proud of his work. ___5___ he doesn't, he cannot respect his students and ___6___ respect from them. The ideal teacher should have an ___7___ of his students and be able to get on well with them. He needs students' understanding, too. The ideal teacher should be kind and ___8___ and he should give hope to his students to learn knowledge. The ideal teacher should see his students' ___9___ so that he can know how to encourage the growth of ___10___ of his students. The ideal teacher is one who grows, learns, and makes himself better along with his students.
So what about the teacher around you?
1. A.like B.know C.choose D.remember
2..A.never B.ever C.even D.still
3. A.weak B.well C.interested D.strict
4. A.hold B.show C.pass D.keep
5. A.Since B.As C.If D.Because
6. A.give B.lose C.change D.win
7. A.understanding B.idea C.exercise D.excuse
8.A.forgetful B.helpful C.quick D.lucky
9. A.lists B.mistakes C.cards D.differences
10.A.each B.every C.one D.either
Hawaii is famous for its beautiful beaches. Every year water sports, especially surfing and water skiing attract 1
tourists to the island.
Hawaii has ben a magical name to people who like to travel 2
many years. People on 3
sides of the Pacific Ocean（太平洋), in Japan and in America, dream of 4
these beautiful islands in the middle of the ocean. In the tropical（熱帶的) lands, the sun drops like a ball of golden fire into the sea, and it drops so 5
that you can almost see it move.The sun leaves behind a glow（落日余輝) that lights the sky in the quiet water.
People often have a quiet, enjoyable time walking along the water. This scenery
is not very different from the exciting beauty that greeted the first tourists to these islands centuries ago. They came in canoes not much 6
than small boats.
They found the beautiful white sand beaches and the waving palm trees（棕櫚樹)，but there were no grand hotels like 7
we see today. The first people came to Hawaii nearly 8
years ago, but skyscraper（摩天大樓) hotels were only built in the last 25 years. Now aeroplanes make it possible to fly to Hawaii for a weekend from Tokyo 9
people come from, they really want to see the earliest beauty of Hawaii. They want to see the lovely beaches and the mountains which are almost hidden by the tall hotels.
1. A. many B. much C. any D. no
2. A. by B. with C. for D. since
3. A. both B. each C. either D. every
4. A. to see B. Seeing C. See D. saw
5. A. happily B. quietly C. heavily D. quickly
6. A. big B. biger C. bigger D. biggest
7. A. the one B. the ones C. this D. that
8. A. two thousands B. two thousands of C. two thousand D. two thousand of
9. A. to B. of C. in D. or
10. A. Wherever B. Whatever C. However D. Whenever
Mobile phones are becoming more and more popular not only with grown ups but also with students. Meanwhile, they also 1 a problem for middle schools in the past few years. Some children have got mobile phones as Christmas or birthday gifts, and more will 2
Many like SMS because it is easy and 3
. Some parents felt happy because they could get in touch 4
their children. Some teachers said mobile phone use was a distraction（分心的事) to students during school hours and it also gave them much 5
in their classrooms. Sometimes students 6
use phone messages to cheat（作弊) during exams. A new study found that some teenagers send messages in class even hurt their fingers because they can’t stop 7
Many teachers suggested that students should not have phones at school, 8
if there was a good reason, they could 9
their phones at school office. Many people think they understand 10
parents would want their children to have them, but they agree school should let the students know when they can use their mobile phones.
1. A. because B. had become C. have become D. will become
2. A. still B. yet C. already D. too
3. A. quickly B. quick C. hurry D. sharp
4. A. against B. on C. with D. to
5. A. business B. information C. things D. trouble
6. A. dare B. have to C. should D. might
7. A. using B. to use C. used D. used to
8. A. and B. but C. though D. however
9. A. miss B. leave C. lie D. fetch
10. A. whether B. because C. why D. since
I first saw the baby panda when she was only 10 days old. She looked like a white mouse. We 1
her Xi Wang. It means “hope”.
When Xi Wang was born, she weighed(重) 2
100 grams(克). Xi Wang drank her mother’s milk for as much as 14 hours a day. When she was six months old, she started to eat bamboo shoots(嫩芽) and 3
. Eight months later, she was not a small baby any more. She grew into a 4
young panda and weighed 35 kilos. When Xi Wang was 20 months old, she had to look after herself 5
her mother had another baby.
, it is very difficult for pandas to live in the wild(野外). Here are some of the 7
that pandas like Xi Wang may have in the future.
If hunters(獵人) catch a panda, they will kill it for its fur(毛皮). If farmers 8
trees and forests, pandas will have no place to live in.
When mothers leave baby pandas alone, people will often take them away. People think that the baby pandas need 9
If pandas are in danger, we should try our best to protect them. If we do 10
, soon there will be no more pandas in the world!
1. A. made B. called C. told D. kept
2. A. quite B. mostly C. just D. hardly
3. A. leaves B. vegetables C. trees D. chips
4. A. strange B. weak C. famous D. healthy
5. A. though B. until C. because D. whether
6. A. Luckily B. Suddenly C. Sadly D. Especially
7. A. examples B. questions C. matters D. problems
8. A. cut down B. plant C. protect D. water
9. A. money B. help C. clothes D. family
10. A. nothing B. everything C. anything D. something
In the USA, children start school when they are five years old. In some states(州) they must stay in school 1
they are sixteen. But most students are seventeen or eighteen years old when they 2
secondary(中等的) schools. There are two kinds of schools in the USA: public schools and private(私立的) schools. 3
children go to public schools. Their parents dont have to 4
their education because the school get 5
from the government（政府）. If a child goes to a private school, his parents have to get enough money for his schooling. Some parents 6
like private schools though they are much more expensive.
Today about half of the high school students 7 in universities after they finish secondary schools. A student at a state university doesnt have to pay very much 8
his parents live in that state.
Many students 9
while they are studying at universities. In this way they get into 10
working habits(習慣) and live by their own hands.
1. A. and B.so C.till D .since
2. A. leave B.enter C.reach D. pass
3. A. Several B.Most C.A few D.Few
4. A. worry about B.pay for C.ask for D.think of
5. A. books B. teachers C.food D.money
6. A. still B.never C.surely D.already
7. A. play B.change C.study D.meet
8. A. before B.because C.if D.though
9. A. smoke B.drink C.fight D.work
10. A. good B.bad C.happy D.wrong
(1) 1.C 2.B 3.B 4.C 5.C 6.C 7.A 8.D 9.A 10.D
(2) 1.C 2.A 3.B 4.B 5.C 6.C 7.D 8.B 9.A 10.D
(3)1.D 2.A 3.C 4.D 5.B 6.A 7.B 8.A 9.C 10.D
(4)1.C 2.D 3.A 4.B 5.A 6.B 7.D 8.C 9.B 10.C
(5)1.A 2.C 3.D 4.B 5.B 6.D 7.C 8.A 9.A 10.A
(6)1.C 2.B 3.A 4.B 5.C 6.A 7.C 8.A 9.D 10.D
(7)1.C 2.B 3.D 4.A 5.C 6.C 7.A 8.C 9.B 10.A
(8)1.B 2.A 3.C 4.B 5.C 6.D 7.A 8.B 9.D 10.A
(9)1.A 2.C 3.A 4.B 5.D 6.C 7.B 8.C 9.D 10.A
(10)1.C 2.A 3.B 4.C 5.D 6.D 7.A 8.B 9.B 10.C
(11)1.B 2.C 3.A 4.D 5.C 6.C 7.D 8.A 9.B 10.A
(12)1.C 2.A 3.B 4.B 5.D 6.A 7.C 8.C 9.D 10.A